Haggai's Double Prophecy of 9/24
Dec 11, 2009
Today, December 11, 2009, is the 24th day of the 9th month on the Hebrew calendar.
This day is referenced in Haggai 2:20.
Recall that we saw this manifested on September 24, but I believe that today will be a secondary manifestation, or at least a beginning point of blessing. On this recent trip to Texas we again saw many indications of the raising up of the Joseph company. The focus appears to be more upon resurrection than upon death. I like that.
Keep in mind, though, that there are actually TWO prophecies in Haggai that relate to this date. The first begins in verse 10:
(10) On the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, in the second year of Darius, the word of the Lord came to Haggai the prophet saying . . . (19) from this day on I will bless you.
The second prophecy begins in verse 20:
(20) Then the word of the Lord came a second time to Haggai on the twenty-fourth day of the month saying, (21) Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, "I am going to shake the heavens and the earth. (22) And I will overthrow the thrones of kingdoms and destroy the power of the kingdoms of the nations, and I will overthrow the chariots and their riders, and the horses and their riders will go down, everyone by the sword of another."
These prophecies provide us with the positive and the negative side of God's word. The blessing is for God's people; the shaking is designed to overthrow the nations and their armies. Both are important, because "the kingdoms of the nations" (Mystery Babylon) must be shaken in order to bring down the existing order and empower those who are citizens and rulers of the Kingdom of God.
The blessing is obviously about Joseph. If you read Jacob's blessing upon the twelve sons, you will note that only with Joseph does he actually use the word "bless" and "blessing." (See Gen. 49:22-26.) Note especially that the Hebrew words that Jacob used in this passage are barak, "bless" andbarakah, "blessing."
This is a hidden picture of timing. When we connect Gen. 49 with Haggai 2, it suggests that the blessing as well as the great shaking takes place in the time of President Barak Obama. It appears that December 11, 2009 could mark the beginning point of this blessing upon the Joseph company that was "found" on Sept. 24. And it could also mark the start of the great shaking that is to come upon this Babylonian system.
Take note also that Haggai's prophecy of "shaking" is in the context of Zerubbabel,
(23) "On that day," declares the Lord of hosts, "I will take you, Zerubbabel, son of Shealtiel, my servant," declares the Lord, "and I will make you like a signet ring, for I have chosen you," declares the Lord of hosts.
Zerubbabel was the governor of Judah and represents both Christ and the overcomers who are called to rule and reign with Him. Haggai's fellow prophet, Zechariah, adds to the prophecy in chapter 4. Zerubbabel the governor, along with Joshua the high priest, are the two olive trees (two witnesses) of their day. They portray church and state working together in harmony under God.
Zerubbabel, of course, laid the foundations of the temple on the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month (Hag. 2:18). This was the original point of blessing in his day. Zechariah 4:9, 10 says,
(9) The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house, and his hands will finish it. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you. (10) For who has despised the day of small things? . . .
In those days, the laying of the Foundation Stone probably would not have been reported in the Babylonian Times. Zerubbabel with a plumb line in his hand, laying this foundation stone, was one of those "small things" which carried great significance in the eyes of God.
(10) . . . But these seven [eyes of the Lord--see 3:9] will be glad when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel--these are the eyes of the Lord which range to and fro throughout the earth.
So if we do not see any particular sign in today's news, we may have to look back on this date later in order to notice a turning point. There may be an event or decree that occurs in an obscure part of the world that is significant in the eyes of God.
One final thought . . . There are at least two dates for 9/24 to manifest. The first was on September 24, and the second is today, December 11. It might be that the focus of attention last September 24 was upon the blessing of Joseph, but that today's event may focus more upon the shaking of the heavens and the earth.
The purpose of the shaking, Haggai says in 2:7, is . . .
(7) "And I will shake all the nations, and they will come with the wealth of all nations; and I will fill this house with glory," says the Lord of hosts.
In Hebrews 12 we get further insight into this:
(26) And the voice shook the earth then [at Mount Sinai], but now He has promised, saying, "Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but also the heaven." (27) And this expression, "Yet once more," denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, in order that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Obviously, this is not merely a physical earthquake, although earthquakes can certainly be signs of political and financial shakings. This makes me suspect that a number of people in high places in the political or business realm could be shaken out of office soon.
So many things to watch. So little time.